CARe provides free seminars, information, training and strategies for survivors and professionals throughout the fire stricken areas to successfully and resourcefully complete the disaster recovery process.
Following a major disaster, many survivors suffer more stress and adversity during their recovery process than they did during the disaster. Our experience shows many residents, particularly the elderly, disabled and disadvantaged, and the isolated members of the community, experience prolonged and overwhelming distress and anxiety during the difficult readjustment period when dealing with private and public bureaucracies and agencies following an earthquake, fire, hurricane or other natural disaster. Our experience also indicates that without understanding guidance and organized support, disaster survivors fall short of the goal of restoring their lives, their neighborhoods and their community.
Instead of the economic security and protection from potential losses through property and casualty insurance, many property owners find themselves with less than adequate funds to rebuild their damaged homes. Community Assisting Recovery informs property owners of their policy rights and duties, and the appropriate steps to inspect losses and document claims to achieve the fair and full settlements necessary to rebuild their homes and, consequently, their lives.
Survivors often experience isolation and abandonment from private and public organizations unable to meet additional burdens following a catastrophe. Community Assisting Recovery is a vital, people-oriented source for locating the appropriate resources in the public and private sectors.
After the 2003 California Wildfires, CARe:
- Instructed more than 1,000 disaster survivors in disaster recovery
- Was a guest speaker at Certified Public Accountant Seminars regarding Tax Laws for a Federally Declared Disaster
- Provided free classes and seminars on recovery issues throughout the fire disaster areas.
- Provided individual consultations to hundreds
- Provided individual consultations on insurance claims process
- Provided Scope of Loss evaluations
- Provided seminars on "Underinsurance and How to Obtain Proper Insurance":
- City of Poway
- Big Bear Lake
- Scripps Ranch